Fulbright Selection Publicity Documents & Guidelines
For institutions wishing to publicize Fulbright U.S. Student Program awards, please refer to the following guidelines and nomenclature:
- Fulbright Semi-Finalist – for applicants who have been recommended by the National Screening Committee
- Fulbright Finalist - for applicants who have been notified that they’ve been offered grants, but who have not signed their Terms of Award or provided medical documents
- Fulbright Student - for official Fulbright grant recipients who have submitted their signed Terms of Award and provided medical documents
- Please note that the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is the Fulbright Program’s sponsor, not IIE. IIE administers the Fulbright U.S. Student Program on behalf of the State Department.
- Please clearly indicate the type of grant awarded: Fulbright Study/Research Grant or Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program (ETA); here is a comprehensive list of grant types, including special programs.
- Please always refer to confirmed award recipients as ‘Fulbright Students'.
- As background, you may wish to include the following paragraph:
“The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government and is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. The primary source of funding for the Fulbright Program is an annual appropriation made by the U.S. Congress to the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Participating governments, host institutions, corporations, and foundations in foreign countries and in the United States also provide direct and indirect support. Recipients of Fulbright grants are selected on the basis of academic or professional achievement, as well as demonstrated leadership potential in their fields. The Program operates in over 160 countries worldwide.”
- For additional program background, facts, statistics, and notable Fulbright alumni please consult the State Department's Fulbright website
We allow and encourage use of the Fulbright logo for publicizing Fulbright U.S. Student Program awards in online and print campus media. Please refer closely to these logo use instructions.
Fulbright Logo Usage
We encourage usage of the Fulbright logo for publicizing Fulbright U.S. Student awards in online and print campus media. Please refer closely to these instructions.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.