Appointing a Fulbright Program Adviser

Colleges and Universities in U.S. are encouraged to appoint a Fulbright Program Adviser (FPA) to recruit and assist students in the application process for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.

FPAs are often picked from faculty or administration of an institution to promote, advise, and evaluate student applicants. If appropriate with their other responsibilities, FPAs can be professors and/or administrators who can serve as a guide for students throughout the application process. FPAs are appointed by the Dean or President of an institution.

New FPAs are encouraged to attend FPA events either in person or through webinars. Fulbright training resources are free and open to any designated FPA. Upcoming FPA events can be found on FPA Information Events.

To see if there is currently an FPA appointed at your institution please go to Search for a Fulbright Program Adviser.

To appoint an FPA:

  • The President/Dean/Provost or other approved supervisor should contact IIE with a letter or email of appointment. The appointment note should include: Full name, title, email address, office address/campus location, and phone number of the FPA as it should appear on the Fulbright website.
  • Institutions may appoint multiple FPAs to help with the wide range of duties included in the advising and application process. Institutions with multiple FPAs, must designate a Primary FPA to be the main point of contact for IIE. All other FPAs will be referred to as Secondary FPAs. Primary FPAs may designate Secondary FPAs as necessary.
  • Once approved, an FPA will receive a welcome email with information on system logins and resources for managing Fulbright on campus.

Fulbright Program Advisers work with applicants for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program. If you are interested in becoming or appointing a Fulbright Scholar Liaison to work with faculty interested in the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program, please visit: Fulbright US Scholar Liaison.

Request a Campus Visit

Members of the U.S. Student Fulbright staff and Fulbright Alumni Ambassadors are available for campus visits and presentations.

Visit requests can be submitted through your campus’ Fulbright Program Adviser (FPA).

FPAs can login and request a campus visit here.