Click here for Fulbright Program Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply. All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses. Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student, you are eligible to apply in the fall of your senior year.  If you are a graduate student, you are eligible as long as you will not have a PhD degree by the application deadline.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree, then you are eligible to apply. Non-enrolled applicants are encouraged to contact the Fulbright Program Adviser at their most recent alma mater to inquire if the institution can support alumni/ae through the application process. If not, non-enrolled applicants are welcome to apply at “at-large” candidates.

Non-enrolled applicant should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7 years or less) in which they are applying. Candidates with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

Please visit the Getting Started page for next steps.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts. Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7-years or less) in which they are applying. Artists with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 



U.S. Faculty/Staff/Professionals

If you are a U.S. citizen and faculty or staff at a U.S. institution, or professional interested in applying, please visit the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program.

Non U.S. Citizens

If you are a non-U.S. citizen interested in applying for a Fulbright Award to come to the United States, you will need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country. Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar or Student Program.


Mental Health Support Hotline

ASPE provides access to a mental health consultant and referral services hotline.  ASPE Assist is a benefit for all Exchange Participants, including those on the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, during their USDOS program.  ASPE Assist is designed to augment the health benefits that are concurrently provided through ASPE.  ASPE Assist is operated by The ANVIL Group, in partnership with Seven Corners.

ASPE Assist Services

  • Mental health advice
  •  Mental health crisis support
  •  Sexual assault response
  •  Violent Crime response
  •  Providing advice to grantees when they feel at risk or vulnerable

ASPE Assist is accessible 24 hours a day and is available to provide support to Exchange Participants, including grantees on the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, in urgent and non-urgent situations, including identification and referral of mental health conditions requiring in-person or Telemedicine treatment, and crisis intervention.  The medical staff responding to grantee calls are trained to handle serious situations such as sexual assaults and mental health crises.  They can also provide medical advice. 

ASPE Assist Contact Information

Phone: +1-833-963-1269
Worldwide: +44-20-3859-4463

When contacting ASPE Assist for the first time, please be prepared to provide your full name and date of birth, ID card number, program name (Fulbright U.S. Student Program) and host country. This information will allow ANVIL staff to verify your status as a U.S. Fulbright Student grantee with the ASPE Health Benefits Plan.

If you unable to call the ASPE Assist line directly and need to have the ASPE Assist team give you a call, please email with your name, date of birth, ID card number, program name (Fulbright U.S. Student Program) and host country and indicate that you need them to call you. Make sure to provide them with your complete international phone number, including relevant country codes and area codes.

The information provided by you to The ANVIL Group in the event of an illness, emergency or other personal crisis is considered private. However, it may be responsibly shared within organizations administrating your grant program, including Seven Corners, in their efforts to assist and support you.

Any questions not related to mental health support services – including benefits, claims, coverage – should be directed to Seven Corners Customer Service for assistance.  Seven Corners and the USDOS disclaim any and all liability for ASPE Assist, The ANVIL Group or other third-party services.