1 Fulbright/University College Dublin Taught Master's Program Award
Accepted Degree Levels
Grant PeriodFall Start
Grant Length10 Months
Fulbright Graduate Degree Grants
Grantee may pursue a taught Master's Program that builds on previous academic work or assists in future academic study at University College Dublin which is ranked among the top 1% of universities worldwide. UCD is one of Europe's leading research-intensive universities where undergraduate and education, research, innovation and community engagement form a dynamic continuum of activity. UCD was established in 1854 by John Henry Newman whose classic work The Idea of a University is one of the most enduring texts on the value of higher education. With over 5,000 international students from over 100 countries and over 250 exchange partners, UCD is Ireland's most globally-networked university. UCD is Ireland's largest university with a purpose-built modern campus, minutes from Dublin city center.
Commencing in September 2023.
The Commission is seeking applicants who:
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Demonstrate leadership experience, attributes and, or potential;
- Outline a strong rationale and feasible methodology for pursuing a degree at University College Dublin that indicates how a Fulbright to Ireland fits into their longer term goals;
- Demonstrate the benefit of becoming a Fulbrighter; to themselves (personally and professionally), to their discipline, to society, to Ireland, to the Fulbright Program / Commission and to the U.S. when they return;
- Extend themselves beyond their project / studies to become actively involved in Irish society and the work of the Fulbright Commission.
The Commission is keen to support projects that brings awardees into contact with a wide range of stakeholders, particularly outside of academia, to maximize their academic / cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the Fulbright Program in Ireland.
Accepted Degree Levels
Special Application Instructions
In the Fulbright online application, for Award Name please select UCD MA Grant from the drop down menu.
Foreign Language Proficiency
Additional Information: Language is English unless student is planning to enroll on the MA in Modern Languages. Applicants for the MA in Modern Languages must confirm the requirements for language proficiency with the University.
Fulbright Proposal Types
Letter should not be sought