What a Fulbright Program Adviser Does
Fulbright Program Adviser Roles
Promoting the Fulbright U.S. Student Program on campus
Providing information and guidance to interested U.S. students
Updating institution information on the U.S. Student website
Administering the Campus Application and Interview Process
Managing the Online Application System
What Fulbright Program Advisers Do
This is a general overview of the roles and responsibilities of an FPA.
Outreach and Recruitment
- Informal get-togethers and workshops
- Fellowship fairs
- Press release of competition opening
- Fulbright brochures and posters
- Campus visits from IIE program staff or Fulbright Alumni Ambassadors.
The different types of awards are:
- Study/Research Awards (including Arts Awards)
- English Teaching Assistant Awards (ETA)
- Special Programs (i.e. Fulbright National Geographic Digital Storytelling Fellowships)
Campus Deadline and Interview Process
FPAs create institutional deadlines and facilitate the campus interview process to provide applicants feedback prior to the national deadline. All applicants must complete an application in the Fulbright Online Application System. FPAs will have login access to view in-progress applications as soon as an applicant has selected the institution they are applying through.
A campus interview and evaluation from a Campus Committee are also required for applicants applying through an institution. This part of the application process is designed to provide feedback to applicants about their proposal and insight to the National Screening Committee (NSC) about the candidate.
Managing the Fulbright Online Application System
The FPA oversees applications from their institution in the Fulbright Online Application System. There is only one login per institution. The institutional account is linked to the Primary FPA’s email address.
The application system allows FPAs to:
- View Fulbright applications that have been started or submitted.
- Review applications and submitted forms.
- Communicate with applicants
- Upload Campus Committee Evaluation (CCE) form into each candidate’s application.