Fulbright U.S. Student Program

Grantee Reports

You may recall from your Orientation materials that the Fulbright Program asks all grantees to complete Mid-term and Final Reports. These reports are web-based and can be completed on-line. To do so, go to the website https://fust.iieweb.net

Your IIE Program Manager or the Fulbright Commission will send you instructions on accessing your account.

Please note that the Grantee Report System will open in late December of your grant year.


Submission Dates For These Reports Are:

Mid-term Report: By the end of the month that marks the midpoint of your grant period. For most of you, this would be on or about the beginning of the sixth month.

Final Report: No earlier than the month before the end of your grant period. Note: The final month's stipend may be withheld pending receipt of the Final Report.

Information in these reports for is very helpful to us for updating our materials as well as in determining if problems occurred, how communications among the various parties worked/is working, whether benefits are sufficient, etc. So we urge you to take the time to complete the form thoughtfully.

Contact your IIE Program Manager or the Fulbright Commission in your host country if you have any questions or problems logging on.

I am a....

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply.  All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses.  Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student you would be eligible to apply in your senior year.  If you are a graduate student you are eligible to apply to most countries as long as you will not have a PhD degree on the application deadline.

Non-U.S. Student

If you are a non-U.S. citizen looking to applying for a Fulbright grant to study in the United States you will apply to the Fulbright Program for Foreign Students in your home country.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree then you could be eligible for certain awards within the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.  Please review the program summary for the country where you would like to apply.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts.  Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 5 years or less) in which they are applying.  Artists with more experience should consider applying for Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 



U.S. Professor

If you are a U.S. citizen and a professor at a U.S. institution and are interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award you will need to apply through CIES.

Non U.S. Professor

If you are a non-U.S. citizen and a professor interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award to the United States you would need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country.  Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program.