Fulbright U.S. Student Program

Contact Us

Program Contacts

General Inquiries & FPAs Lora Seery
212-984-5327, [email protected]
Brazil Jody Dudderar
212-984-5565, [email protected]
East Asia-Pacific Jonathan Akeley
212-984-5487, [email protected]
Europe (except Germany) Marla Mazer
212-984-5326, [email protected]
Eurasia (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine) Alyssa Yeng
212-984-5542, [email protected]
Middle East & North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Fulbright-Clinton Fellowships
Jermaine Jones
212-984-5341, [email protected]
South and Central Asia, Germany Cara Doble
212-984-5519, [email protected]
Western Hemisphere (except Brazil) Susan Muendl, Program Manager
212-984-5366, [email protected]
Susan Muendl, Program Manager
[email protected]
Fulbright-National Geographic Susan Muendl, Program Manager
[email protected]


Media Contacts & Outreach

Fulbright Student Program Outreach Director Tony Claudino
212-984-5345, [email protected]
Mobile: 917-669-7151
Assistant Director, Fulbright Student Program Outreach

Heather Theisen-Gándara
832-369-3490,  [email protected]

Press & Media Contact

Schuyler Allen
212-984-5362, [email protected]
Mobile: 917-613-8433

Assistant Manager Outreach & Special Projects Lee Rivers
713-621-6300, ext. 29, [email protected]
Social Media Jennifer Connor
202-326-7882, [email protected]


Technical Issues

For any application-related issues, please contact Jody Dudderar.

For suggestions or comments about technical issues with us.fulbrightonline.org (e.g. broken links, slow loading, omissions, user–friendliness), please contact [email protected].

Institute of International Education

U.S. Student Programs Division
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017-3580

I am a....

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply.  All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses.  Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student you would be eligible to apply in your senior year.  If you are a graduate student you are eligible to apply to most countries as long as you will not have a PhD degree on the application deadline.

Non-U.S. Student

If you are a non-U.S. citizen looking to applying for a Fulbright grant to study in the United States you will apply to the Fulbright Program for Foreign Students in your home country.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree then you could be eligible for certain awards within the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.  Please review the program summary for the country where you would like to apply.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts.  Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 5 years or less) in which they are applying.  Artists with more experience should consider applying for Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 



U.S. Professor

If you are a U.S. citizen and a professor at a U.S. institution and are interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award you will need to apply through CIES.

Non U.S. Professor

If you are a non-U.S. citizen and a professor interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award to the United States you would need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country.  Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program.