Click here for Fulbright Program Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply. All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses. Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student, you are eligible to apply in the fall of your senior year.  If you are a graduate student, you are eligible as long as you will not have a PhD degree by the application deadline.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree, then you are eligible to apply. Non-enrolled applicants are encouraged to contact the Fulbright Program Adviser at their most recent alma mater to inquire if the institution can support alumni/ae through the application process. If not, non-enrolled applicants are welcome to apply at “at-large” candidates.

Non-enrolled applicant should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7 years or less) in which they are applying. Candidates with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

Please visit the Getting Started page for next steps.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts. Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7-years or less) in which they are applying. Artists with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 



U.S. Faculty/Staff/Professionals

If you are a U.S. citizen and faculty or staff at a U.S. institution, or professional interested in applying, please visit the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program.

Non U.S. Citizens

If you are a non-U.S. citizen interested in applying for a Fulbright Award to come to the United States, you will need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country. Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar or Student Program.


< Back to country

7 Open Study/Research Awards

Accepted Degree Levels
Grant Period
9 Months
No Pre-Departure Orientation
Grant Period

9 Months

Grantees must arrive in late February or early March 2022 as most institutions are closed in January. The grant period starts with an arrival orientation organized by the Fulbright Commission. Attendance at the orientation program is required for all grantees.

Pre-Departure Orientation

No Pre-Departure Orientation

Virtual pre-departure activities, including webinars, will be offered by the Commission during the fall of 2021 to provide information about Argentina, cultural adjustment issues, obtaining visas, health insurance, grant payments, etc.

Arrival Orientation


Early to mid-March 2022.

Candidate Profile

Bachelor's candidates should have at least one year of post-graduation professional experience at the time of application.

Accepted Degree Levels




Foreign Language Proficiency

Required - Intermediate

Additional Information: Higher level proficiency may be necessary depending on the requirements of the proposed project. Applicants should discuss plans for language study between the time of application and the commencement of the grant on Application Form: Language Self-Evaluation. A Foreign Language Evaluation by a college level Spanish language instructor is required.

Fulbright Proposal Types

Independent Study/Research: Yes

Graduate Degree Enrollment: Yes


All applicants are expected to secure an affiliation with an academic institution, research institute, or other appropriate organization. It is recommended that recent graduates and students working toward a Master's degree establish an affiliation with an academic institution for coursework or research support.

Information on Argentine universities is available for public institutions here and for private institutions here.

The Fulbright Commission in Argentina encourages applications for study/research outside of the city of Buenos Aires.

Affiliation Fees/Tuition

Applicants may enroll in a graduate degree program at a university in Argentina and propose a specific project as part of their Argentine graduate program. Formal Enrollment candidates must apply directly to Argentine graduate programs simultaneously with the application for a Fulbright grant. Fulbright Argentina is not involved in university admissions. The award is provided for one nine-month academic year period only and extensions will not be considered.

Most universities in Argentina do not charge tuition/fees.  However, if your proposed host institution requires tuition/fees, please contact the Fulbright Commission to request further information.


Dependent support is not available.

Fulbright Commission/U.S. Embassy Website

Fulbright Commission/U.S. Embassy Contact

Melina Ginszparg