< Back to country

1 Fulbright-Anne Wexler Master's Award in Public Policy

Accepted Degree Levels
Grant Period
12 Months
No Pre-Departure Orientation
Award Profile

In 2009, the Australian Government established an annual scholarship program to recognize the many contributions by Mrs. Anne Wexler in fostering Australian-American relations. The Anne Wexler Scholarships were part of the Australia Awards Program funded through the Australian Department of Education. The aim of the Fulbright-Anne Wexler Master's Award in Public Policy is to grow Australian-American educational linkages by building a network of public policy experts and to encourage ongoing policy exchange between both countries. The award will enable U.S. students with strong academic credentials and leadership potential to undertake a master's degree in Australia in a key area of public policy such as health, sustainability, energy, climate change, regional security, education, political science, history or government relations.

Grant Period

12 Months

Renewal for a second year (for 2-year master's programs) is dependent upon the grantee's academic success (above a 3.0 GPA or equivalent).

Students will undertake full time master's degree study and will commence their grants in February 2020 (July in some cases - by approval only).

Pre-Departure Orientation

No Pre-Departure Orientation

Accepted Degree Levels


Foreign Language Proficiency

Not Required

Fulbright Proposal Types

Independent Study/Research: No

Graduate Degree Enrollment: Yes


All candidates must affiliate with an Australian university. It is the candidate's responsibility to secure affiliation with an Australian university. Candidates must include affiliation letters with their Fulbright applications. Acceptance into an Australian Master's program is a requirement before the award can commence.

Affiliation Fees/Tuition

The Fulbright-Anne Wexler Master's Award in Public Policy will pay up to $27,500 AUD per year in tuition fees. If total tuition fees exceed this amount the difference will have to be paid by the awardee. The applicant should indicate in the application how any additional tuition costs will be paid for.


  • Applicants currently residing in Australia (or those who will be living there during the 2018-2019 academic year) will not be considered.
  • Individuals with dual U.S.-Australian citizenship are not eligible.

Special Application Instructions

Applicants must select "Anne Wexler-Public Policy" in the Award Name field of the application.

Fields of Study

Applications will be considered in the following fields: Agriculture, History, Ecology, Economics, Education, Energy, Environmental Studies, Law, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Health, Social Work, Transportation, and Urban Development & Planning.

Special Application Information

Candidates who are recommended for final review by the Australian-American Fulbright Commission may be contacted for 30-minute interviews via Skype or phone.


Dependent support is not available

Fulbright Commission/U.S. Embassy Website

Fulbright Commission/U.S. Embassy Contact

Lauren Bullman