Click here for Fulbright Program Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply. All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses. Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student, you are eligible to apply in the fall of your senior year.  If you are a graduate student, you are eligible as long as you will not have a PhD degree by the application deadline.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree, then you are eligible to apply. Non-enrolled applicants are encouraged to contact the Fulbright Program Adviser at their most recent alma mater to inquire if the institution can support alumni/ae through the application process. If not, non-enrolled applicants are welcome to apply at “at-large” candidates.

Non-enrolled applicant should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7 years or less) in which they are applying. Candidates with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

Please visit the Getting Started page for next steps.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts. Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7-years or less) in which they are applying. Artists with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 



U.S. Faculty/Staff/Professionals

If you are a U.S. citizen and faculty or staff at a U.S. institution, or professional interested in applying, please visit the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program.

Non U.S. Citizens

If you are a non-U.S. citizen interested in applying for a Fulbright Award to come to the United States, you will need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country. Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar or Student Program.


< Back to country

5 English Teaching Assistant Awards

Accepted Degree Levels
Grant Period
10 Months
No Pre-Departure Orientation
Award Profile

The Fulbright English Teaching Assistanship award gives you the chance to explore a mountainous small state nestled in the middle of the Pyrenees and the chance to collaborate with the education of teenagers in the multilingual (Catalan - Spanish - French) Andorran school system.

Grant Period

10 Months

Grants will begin on September 1st 2021 and finish at the end of June 2022. 

The grant period starts with a two-day orientation session organized by the Fulbright Committee in Andorra.

Pre-Departure Orientation

No Pre-Departure Orientation

Arrival Orientation


Upon arrival in the Principality of Andorra, the grantees will have a two-day arrival orientation: we will accompany them in the different immigration service procedures, in the opening of a bank account, on their first visit center school, etc.

Candidate Profile

Applications are welcome from holders of a higher education degree (Bachelor's, Master's or currently enrolled in a PhD program) who want to assist in teaching English to Andorran students. It is recommended that candidates have 2 years of college-level study in one of the three languages: Catalan, Spanish or French. Some experience in teaching will be appreciated.

Ideal candidates should feel comfortable in front a classroom, enjoy teaching teenagers, and like participating in outdoors activities with the school community.

Applicants should submit detailed descriptions of their study, professional experience or career interests and their qualifications. Proposals should also include why an applicant is applying to Andorra.

Accepted Degree Levels




Foreign Language Proficiency

Recommended - Intermediate

Additional Information: Intermediate level of Catalan (the official language of the Principality of Andorra), Spanish or French is recommended. Once in Andorra, grantees will have the chance to attend Catalan and French lessons for free.

Placement Type

Secondary School

Grantees will be assigned to either a secondary school (students aged 12-16), a vocational training center (students aged 16-18) or to an upper secondary education center (students aged 16-18).

Grantees will be expected to lead the class unaided, though teaching staff will be available for advice and guidance. Grantees will be involved in evaluating their students, which will have an impact on student grades. Grantees may use their preferred teaching methods following approval of the English Department of their school.


Dependent support is not available.

Fulbright Commission/U.S. Embassy Website

Fulbright Commission/U.S. Embassy Contact

Fulbright Andorra

Additional Online Resources