1 Fulbright Global and International Studies Master's at Universidad de Salamanca
Accepted Degree LevelsBachelor's
Grant PeriodFall Start
One award is available to pursue a full-time Master's degree in Global and International Studies (MGIS) at the Universidad de Salamanca (USAL), one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Spain. USAL has a multilingual and multicultural student body with more than 10,000 international students who go to Salamanca every year. The city is a fundamentally university-focused city in which more than 40,000 students live as part of a population of 170,000 inhabitants.
As detailed on the USAL website, the program includes diverse but complementary components.
- Academic offerings: three cutting-edge Master's programs with international faculty members, including several prestigious American professors and practitioners, together with their Spanish and other European colleagues.
- An ambitious internship program that provides professional opportunities both in Europe and Washington, DC.
- A think-tank that will not only generate innovative ideas, but also forge connections with real-world projects beyond the walls of the university. Several former foreign ministers and ambassadors form part of the team.
This award is co-sponsored by USAL.
Grant Length: 9 months.
Academic year from September 2022 to May 2023. Renewable upon satisfactory academic performance for a second academic year from September 2023 to May 2024.
All Fulbright Spain student grantees are required to attend a mandatory orientation which will take place during the second week of September 2022.
The MGIS program is open to graduate students with diverse academic backgrounds. The screening committee values previous experience in the fields of Law, Political Science, History, Sociology, Security, International Organizations and Global Economy.
Accepted Degree Levels
Foreign Language Proficiency
Additional Information: Classes will be taught in English, and the students must complete all written and oral assignments in English.
Some proficiency in Spanish is recommended for daily life. English is not widely spoken in Salamanca, especially among middle-aged and older people. The Global and International Studies Program is partnered with the Office of International Studies, one of the best Spanish-language training programs in Spain, and is available to students who wish to develop their language skills in Spanish.
Fulbright Proposal Types
To be considered for this Award, two separate applications are required:
- Applicants must apply for the Fulbright Award through the Fulbright online application system
- Applicants must also apply for admission to the MGIS program directly at the Universidad de Salamanca. More information on the admissions process can be found at: https://globalandinternationalstudies.com/contact-us/
Applicants are not required to have a letter of admission/affiliation at the time of the Fulbright application, but awards are made conditional upon admissionat the Universidad de Navarra no later than February 15, 2022. Applicants are encouraged to apply to the MGIS at the Universidad de Salamanca as soon as possible.
The Universidad de Salamanca will notify Fulbright directly of all semi finalists who have been accepted to the MGIS program by the February 15th deadline.
The Universidad de Salamanca provides full tuition waivers for Fulbright grantees enrolled in the Master’s program.
All Fulbright Spain grantees are required to arrange their own housing. The Commission provides ample resources to aid in the housing search in Spain, including two webinars prior to departure.
Dual citizens of this country are not eligible
Residency in host country not permitted in year prior to grant
Candidates may not reside in Spain at the time of application or during the academic year prior to the grant. Study abroad as part of undergraduate studies in Spain is not considered residency in Spain.
Special Application Instructions
In your Fulbright application, please select Fulbright Global and International Studies Master's at Universidad de Salamanca from the drop down menu.