Click here for Fulbright Program Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply. All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses. Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student, you are eligible to apply in the fall of your senior year.  If you are a graduate student, you are eligible as long as you will not have a PhD degree by the application deadline.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, will hold a bachelor’s degree by the award start date, and do not have a PhD degree, then you are eligible to apply. Non-enrolled applicant should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7 years or less) in which they are applying. Candidates with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

The Getting Started page will provide information on eligibility and next steps.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts. Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7 years or less) in which they are applying. Artists with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 


U.S. Professor/Administrator

If you are a U.S. citizen and a professor or administrator at a U.S. institution and are interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award, you will need to apply through CIES.

To support your students in applying for a U.S. Student Program award, please connect with the Fulbright Program Adviser at your institution.

Non U.S. Citizens

If you are a non-U.S. citizen interested in applying for a Fulbright Award to the United States, you will need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country. Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar or Student Program.


1 Fulbright/Radboud Award

Accepted Degree Levels
Grant Period
Fall Start
Award Profile

Radboud University Nijmegen is a student-oriented research university, situated in the oldest city of the Netherlands. Established in 1923, it is now one of the country's leading academic communities.

Radboud encourages a personal style of teaching, which offers plenty of opportunity to work closely with leading researchers and excellent teachers in small, interactive and often interdisciplinary seminars. New buildings and state-of-the art facilities such as the spectacular Faculty of Science, the Grotius Building, the Guesthouse and the High Field Magnet Laboratory have made the green campus an ultra-modern and innovative center of knowledge.

Grant Period
Fall Start

11 months, starting September 1st for one-year Master's courses.

23 months, starting September 1st for two-year Master's courses.

In-Country Orientation

At the beginning of each academic year Radboud University has an Orientation Week especially for their new  international students. This week includes activities such as: a campus tour and a city tour, sports events, parties, etc. By participating in this programme you will not only quickly get to know both Nijmegen and Radboud University, but also make new friends from all around the world at the same time.

Candidate Profile

Applications are welcome from individuals with an excellent academic record, who meet the requirements for one of the eligible (Research) Master's programs, are interested in engaging in extracurricular activities and who demonstrate a strong motivation to study at Radboud University Nijmegen.

Accepted Degree Levels
Foreign Language Proficiency
Not Required

Additional Information: Dutch language proficiency is not required, but is useful at the time of arrival. Some study of Dutch prior to arrival is encouraged in order to promote deeper engagement with the host community. Participation in a Dutch language course prior to the start of the Master's course is advised (like on offer by Radboud in'to Languages). The university lectures are in English. 

Fulbright Proposal Types
Independent Study/Research: No
Graduate Degree Enrollment: Yes
No affiliation letter required

Candidates are required to apply separately to Radboud University by January 1st, independent of their Fulbright application. Applicants must (at the time of application or later during the selection process for the Fulbright grant) be admitted to an English taught Master's program at Radboud University and provide a letter of admission.  The Radboud University application process opens October 1, 2021.

To view the English taught Master's programs available, please click here.

Affiliation Fees/Tuition
Tuition not covered in grant benefits

Tuition fees differ per program and are not waived. The Fulbright/Radboud Award cannot be combined with the Holland Scholarship or the Radboud Scholarship Programme. If you are awarded the Fulbright/Radboud Award and one of the other grants, only one can be accepted.

Please see this link for the grant amounts. 

Housing Arrangements

Grantees are responsible for finding housing themselves. Radboud University Nijmegen may be able to help with this, but this is not guaranteed. 


Dual citizens of this country are not eligible

Residency in host country not permitted in year prior to grant

U.S. students with both U.S. and Dutch or European Union citizenship will not be considered. 

Special Application Instructions

In your Fulbright online application, for Award Name please select Radboud University from the drop down menu.

Dependent support is not available
Fulbright Program Management Contact
Fulbright Commission/U.S. Embassy Website
Fulbright Commission/U.S. Embassy Contact
Additional Online Resources