Coastal Carolina University
Fulbright Program Adviser(s)
Kearns Hall 213D
Lib Jackson Student Union, Rm. A-109
Coastal Carolina University Fulbright U.S. Student Program Timeline and Guidelines
Sept 12, 2022 - FIRST CAMPUS DEADLINE - All application components (completed application, personal statement and proposal, letters of recommendation, and affiliation letter) are due.
Sept 19th – Sept 23rd, 2022: CAMPUS INTERVIEWS
Oct. 6th - FINAL CAMPUS DEADLINE
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Contact FPA Judith Zang to let her know you are interested in applying.
- Look at the Fulbright tutorials, beginning with Tutorial 1: General Overview of the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.
- Thoroughly read the Fulbright website. There is lot there (history, eligibility, mission, tips, webinar events). Starting from left to right on the menu items, become familiar with the grant and where to find the different information.
- Carefully consider the profiles of the different countries—you can only apply to only ONE country.
- Consider potential letter of recommendation (LOR) writers and discuss with the FPA.
- Get a commitment from your LOR writers.
- Work with the FPA to help develop a support team of staff and faculty experts.
- Continue to research your selected host country; keep up with current events in the country.
- Look for opportunities to strengthen your candidacy by pursuing activities related to your Fulbright proposal.
APRIL TO JULY
- ASAP, begin the online application (register as a Coastal Carolina University student, even if you are an alum!). You don’t want to miss Fulbright communications re: webinars and other events, announcements of new awards, etc.
- Begin networking for affiliates (research and study grants only). Be aware, it may be difficult to reach people abroad during the summer months.
- Schedule ahead to meet with FPA Judith Zang a minimum of three times to discuss your plans, the application process, and review drafts of your essays (do not wait until August for these meetings).
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than the end of July.
- Send for all university/college transcripts (unofficial is okay), both in the United States and abroad.
- Secure your affiliation letter (if needed).
- Schedule and complete your language evaluation (if needed).
- Communicate with your support team to discuss your proposal.
- Work on completing your online Fulbright application: finetune statements and application answers; secure and upload transcripts, affiliation letter, and any other supplemental materials.
- Sept 12th, 2022: First Campus Deadline
Complete your application on the Fulbright application system.
- Sept 19th – Sept 23rd, 2022: Campus Interviews
Judith Zang will be in touch during the week of September 12 to tell you when your interview will be held.
- Make final revisions of application materials.
Final Campus Deadline of Oct 6th: Submit your final application through Fulbright online system.