Click here for Fulbright Program Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply. All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses. Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student, you are eligible to apply in the fall of your senior year.  If you are a graduate student, you are eligible as long as you will not have a PhD degree by the application deadline.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree, then you are eligible to apply. Non-enrolled applicants are encouraged to contact the Fulbright Program Adviser at their most recent alma mater to inquire if the institution can support alumni/ae through the application process. If not, non-enrolled applicants are welcome to apply at “at-large” candidates.

Non-enrolled applicant should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7 years or less) in which they are applying. Candidates with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

Please visit the Getting Started page for next steps.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts. Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 7-years or less) in which they are applying. Artists with more experience should consider applying for the Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 



U.S. Faculty/Staff/Professionals

If you are a U.S. citizen and faculty or staff at a U.S. institution, or professional interested in applying, please visit the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program.

Non U.S. Citizens

If you are a non-U.S. citizen interested in applying for a Fulbright Award to come to the United States, you will need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country. Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar or Student Program.

Hunter College, The City University of New York

Fulbright Program Adviser

Stephen Lassonde
Director, Office of Prestigious Scholarships & Fellowships
695 Park Ave.
New York, NY 10065

Institution Information

Campus Deadline: September 03, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Student Fulbright Program.  To learn in detail about the program, read the informative and extensive information at the Fulbright website.  Basically, you will need to decide if you want to do a study/research project or an English Teaching Assistantship,and in which country.  The country summaries provide detailed information about country requirements and preferences.  Do not hesitate to contact me, with any questions or concerns and to discuss any aspect of the Fulbright program and application process. Once you decide to apply you may begin the online application.  Applicants: Embark Online Application. Myrna Fader

Past Grantees
Bressni Neary
English Teaching Assistantship
Darsen Hover
Political Science
Kevin Tang
Marielle Ray
English Teaching Assistantship
Maria Malizia
English Teaching Assistantship