Fulbright U.S. Student Program
Past Grantees
Laura Londono Pardo
English Teaching Assistantship
Benjamin Fait
Tasnim Elboute
Environmental Studies
Yuexin Wang
Public Health
Joseph Haberman
English Teaching Assistantship

Yale University, Graduate School

Fulbright Program Adviser

Robert Harper-Mangels
Assistant Dean, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
1 Hillhouse Ave
Room 311
New Haven, Connecticut 06473

Institution Information

Campus Deadline: September 25, 2017

Current students and alumni of Yale Graduate and Professional schools are encouraged to apply for Fulbright through the Yale Graduate School.  Please contact the Yale G+P Fulbright Program Advisor (FPA), Assistant Dean Robert Harper-Mangels( Robert.Harper-Mangels@yale.edu), to inform him of your interest and to get more information about the process for applying through Yale.

Information sessions about the upcoming Fulbright competition will be held on the following dates:

Friday, August 25 (2pm, HGHS 119)


Campus Committee Evaluations are due by Monday, September 25, 2017. 

I am a....

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply.  All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses.  Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student you would be eligible to apply in your senior year.  If you are a graduate student you are eligible to apply to most countries as long as you will not have a PhD degree on the application deadline.

Non-U.S. Student

If you are a non-U.S. citizen looking to applying for a Fulbright grant to study in the United States you will apply to the Fulbright Program for Foreign Students in your home country.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree then you could be eligible for certain awards within the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.  Please review the program summary for the country where you would like to apply.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts.  Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 5 years or less) in which they are applying.  Artists with more experience should consider applying for Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 



U.S. Professor

If you are a U.S. citizen and a professor at a U.S. institution and are interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award you will need to apply through CIES.

Non U.S. Professor

If you are a non-U.S. citizen and a professor interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award to the United States you would need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country.  Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program.