Columbia University, Graduate School

Fulbright Program Adviser

Sarah Jackman
Graduate Student Affairs Officer - Academic Programs
107 Low Library
535 West 116th Street
New York, New York 10027

Institution Information

Campus Deadline: September 05, 2019

Graduate and professional students (not including School of Professional Studies and Teachers College) and graduate/professional alumni who have graduated no more than 2 cycle years prior* apply through Columbia University, Graduate School. Professional students are encouraged to reach out to their school's fellowship, student affairs, career, and/or financial aid office for additional assistance before submitting the application.

To apply through Columbia University, Graduate School, please apply per usual through the Fulbright application and select "Columbia University - Graduate School" instead of "at large". You must click "submit" by the campus internal deadline, so that your application will be sent to the Fulbright Program Advisor. The FPA will review it and meet with you to discuss your application as a whole and offer feedback. You may make changes to your application up until the national deadline. 

Applications in the Creative and Performing Arts require the submission of supplementary materials (work samples) in support of the written application. Portfolios must be completed by the national deadline, not the campus internal deadline.

*Graduate/professional alumni, please be advised that we determine eligibility to apply through Columbia University, Graduate School by Fulbright cycle year. For example: if you graduated from a Columbia graduate or professional program in 2017, your cycle years of eligibility are 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. 


Campus News

The internal deadline for Columbia University graduate...

September 12, 2016: Internal Application Dea...

Past Grantees
Idriss Fofana
Alexandra Fay
English Teaching Assistantship
Kaitlin Hickey
English Teaching Assistantship
Maleeha Chida
English Teaching Assistantship
Benjamin Arenstein
English Teaching Assistantship