Fulbright U.S. Student Program
Past Grantees
Kimberly Forster
English Teaching Assistant
Anna Borchers
English Teaching Assistant
Nicole Smith
English Teaching Assistant
Graham Bowling
English Teaching Assistant
Elizabeth Schallip
English Teaching Assistant Award

Miami University

Fulbright Program Adviser

Karla Guinigundo
Director of Global Partnerships
Office of Global Initiatives
209 MacMillan Hall
Oxford, Ohio 45056

Institution Information

Campus Deadline: September 15, 2017

Miami University Campus Deadline: September 15, 2017

Miami University students and alumni interested in applying for the 2018-2019 Fulbright U.S. Student Program are encouraged to  meet with Fulbright Program Advisor (FPA) Karla Guinigundo as soon as possible.

The Miami campus deadline for all applicants is Friday, September 15, 2017. Campus interviews will be held the week of September 25-29.

I am a....

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply.  All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses.  Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student you would be eligible to apply in your senior year.  If you are a graduate student you are eligible to apply to most countries as long as you will not have a PhD degree on the application deadline.

Non-U.S. Student

If you are a non-U.S. citizen looking to applying for a Fulbright grant to study in the United States you will apply to the Fulbright Program for Foreign Students in your home country.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree then you could be eligible for certain awards within the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.  Please review the program summary for the country where you would like to apply.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts.  Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 5 years or less) in which they are applying.  Artists with more experience should consider applying for Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 



U.S. Professor

If you are a U.S. citizen and a professor at a U.S. institution and are interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award you will need to apply through CIES.

Non U.S. Professor

If you are a non-U.S. citizen and a professor interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award to the United States you would need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country.  Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program.