Fulbright U.S. Student Program
Past Grantees
Claire de Louraille
Sri Lanka
English Teaching Assistantship
Dharma Khalsa
South Korea
English Teaching Assistantship
Laura Santos-Bishop
English Teaching Assistantship
Maelia DuBois
English Teaching Assistantship
Ella Antell
English Teaching Assistantship

Lewis and Clark College

Fulbright Program Adviser

Prof. Deborah Heath
Campus Box 60
Portland, Oregon 97219

Institution Information

Campus Deadline: September 18, 2014

Welcome to the Lewis & Clark College Fulbright page! The current application season is now open, with deadlines coming up for applications for 2014-15 awards.

Our applicants have done very well in recent years: http://www.lclark.edu/live/news/19044-lewis-amp-clark-named-a-top-producer-of-fulbright-winners

And here's a full list of Fulbrighters from Lewis & Clark: http://www.lclark.edu/college/academics/honors/national_awards/fulbright/index.php 

Prospective applicants are encouraged to seek input early on from faculty in their major departments, and others, in preparing and revising their application essays.

Summer preparation of application materials will greatly enhance chances for a successful application. Follow instructions on the Fulbright websites specific to 1) Research Fellowships; 2) English Teaching Assistantships; 3) creative/performing arts fellowships.

Current students and recent alumni are eligible to apply through Lewis and Clark College, which requires the following:

1) Submit all application materials by the internal deadline, 4 pm, Thursday, September 18, 2014.

2) An on-campus interview soon after the campus deadline. Feedback will be provided and subsequent careful revisions of the application essays are encouraged.

Final revised applications must be submitted online by the national deadline, 5pm ET, October 14.

During the summer, applicants for the research fellowships need to seek out contacts for affiliations in their prospective host country, and will need to secure a letter of support from them for the application.

Also see information for special affiliated programs such as the Critical Language Enhancement Program:

Please contact the Lewis & Clark Fulbright Program Advisor, Prof. Deborah Heath, or Administrative Coordinator Terry Moore for additional assistance.

You may also contact the regional specialists at the Fulbright U.S. national office appropriate for your application: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/contact_us.html




I am a....

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply.  All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses.  Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student you would be eligible to apply in your senior year.  If you are a graduate student you are eligible to apply to most countries as long as you will not have a PhD degree on the application deadline.

Non-U.S. Student

If you are a non-U.S. citizen looking to applying for a Fulbright grant to study in the United States you will apply to the Fulbright Program for Foreign Students in your home country.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree then you could be eligible for certain awards within the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.  Please review the program summary for the country where you would like to apply.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts.  Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 5 years or less) in which they are applying.  Artists with more experience should consider applying for Fulbright Scholar Program.



U.S. Professor

If you are a U.S. citizen and a professor at a U.S. institution and are interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award you will need to apply through CIES.

Non U.S. Professor

If you are a non-U.S. citizen and a professor interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award to the United States you would need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country.  Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program.