Fulbright U.S. Student Program

Fulbright U.S. Student Program Events

Browse Events
By Type
By State
Upcoming Events
Past Events
Sponsored Workshop - Rutgers University, New Brunswick
December 13, 2018 - 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
Event Type: Campus Visits
Fulbright Institutional Training in San Juan, PR
February 21, 2019 - All Day
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Event Type: FPA Events
FPA Workshop in Boston, MA
March 6, 2019 - All Day
Event Type: FPA Events
Fulbright Institutional Training in Denver, CO
March 27, 2019 - All Day
Location: Denver, Colorado
Event Type: FPA Events
2020-2021 Fulbright U.S. Student Program Launch Event
April 5, 2019 - All Day
Location: New York, New York
Event Type: FPA Events
FPA Workshop with Commission Directors & State Dept. Staff
May 30, 2019 - All Day
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Event Type: FPA Events
FPA Workshop at NAFA in Minneapolis, MN
July 22, 2019 - All Day
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Event Type: FPA Events
I am a....

Current U.S. Student

United States citizens who are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible to apply.  All applicants enrolled in U.S institutions must apply through their home campuses.  Find the Fulbright Program Adviser on your campus.

If you are an undergraduate student you would be eligible to apply in your senior year.  If you are a graduate student you are eligible to apply to most countries as long as you will not have a PhD degree on the application deadline.

Non-U.S. Student

If you are a non-U.S. citizen looking to applying for a Fulbright grant to study in the United States you will apply to the Fulbright Program for Foreign Students in your home country.

U.S. Citizen but not a Student

If you are a U.S. citizen, hold a bachelor’s degree, and do not have a PhD degree then you could be eligible for certain awards within the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.  Please review the program summary for the country where you would like to apply.


The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applications in the creative and performing arts.  Arts candidates for the U.S. Student Program should have relatively limited professional experience in the fields (typically 5 years or less) in which they are applying.  Artists with more experience should consider applying for Fulbright Scholar Program.

Creative & Performing Arts projects fall under the Study/Research grant category and are available in all countries where Study/Research grants are offered. 



U.S. Professor

If you are a U.S. citizen and a professor at a U.S. institution and are interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award you will need to apply through CIES.

Non U.S. Professor

If you are a non-U.S. citizen and a professor interested in applying for a Fulbright Scholar Award to the United States you would need to apply through the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your home country.  Find out more information on the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program.